Monday, August 6, 2007

A sister she is .. Beatrice.


What is another way of hammering grain? Bet you got the answer right at the first guess. Yes, its Beat Rice. Marry this two words and there you go, Beatrice, a name of latin origin.

Well loved by her peers but for whatever reason I don't know. Perhaps its that piercing vocal cords that provokes ear drums to self-destruction mode.

I remember clearly the first time I was introduced to her, she had that darn grumpy look. The face was similar to coal. Black. Well, what to do, we were running late for a National Day concert and as you may not already know, she's Sandy's sister. It runs in the family blood.Easily agitated.Low threshold of patience.

She played my angel when I was in really bad financial shape. She helped me tide those times with financial aid and fed me my favourite cuisine - food from the land of the rising sun. Did not complain a single word about how a burden I could be or maybe I just wasn't told the bad names she gave me.

Whatever it is, Beatrice, thank you very much for all that you have done for me. Want to tell you I am grateful our paths crossed and you will always be treated as family, am sure you can tell from the warmth of my family members for you. If you don't feel it, I will tell them to turn up the temperature so you'll feel really warm.

No comments: