Friday, August 10, 2007

A decade of footsteps ....


10th August, a significant day in my life. The day that friendship blossomed and took shape to that of love.

This journey we walked together was a pleasant one, lots of joy and hardly any sadness. We do have our differences in opinions and different ways in handling things but it never ever soured the relationship. Never was there any point of time where we wanted to throw in the towel and called it quits. Never. Even during my darkest hour, struggling with my unsuccessful business setup, she was there to support me financially and morally. I knew even if I failed a second, third or fourth time, she will always be there for me. Always and forever.

Sandy, despite her short fuse at times, cares and loves me lots. Everyone can tell how much she loves and dotes on me and how dependant I am on her. Yes, its not good to be dependant on a lady but for Sandy, I know I can always depend and rely on her for eternity.

There are times where I make her upset and cry. Not that I am an angel, I do err like any other beings at times but its usually trivial and most of the time out of my mischievous behaviour that really upsets her. When she cries, I feel hurt. I get overwhelmed with guilt, lots of it and I would try my best not to upset her again but like I said, I am only human.

Am glad Sandy and I have walked this far, step by step we start building our lives together, taking into consideration that our age is catching up and settling down is probably the next best thing to do. For friends who are curious, we are making plans. Wait a minute, I used the word 'plans'. Plans are premature most of the time but once we have settled our dates, the announcement will be made. No hints on the dates. Hush hush it shall be, at least for now.

Sandy, thank you for being there for me always, in times of trouble and in times of need. You have been patient with me and you always understand me. You read my thoughts well and can always tell when I am lying. Can be dangerous when you always know my next move but its all right. It's fine with me.

I love you as you are and I never expect you to change your personality or character for me. You are almost perfect. At least, most of the time. Your entrance into my life will always be one of the happier things that ever happened to me.Thank you for all the love you have showered me. I love you lots Sandy and am looking forward to the next many decades together.

No comments: